We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

We have had a great time at Falls Creek Falls State Park. It has been the first time I have hiked since the whole appendix thing. I am out of shape but it really felt great to get out and about!!!
Sorry the rest is long winded but Dan took over!
Note the suspension bridge above the river....thats all I am going to say about that.

George Hole - Interesting place. It looked as if it had been built for easy access swimming. It also had a sort of dam where the water fell down to the river bed.

While we were hiking along, a huge, gnarly foot apeared and almost smashed me! This was something, it is a rock formation sticking out of the side of a bank that looks like a foot with toes stepping down.

Cane Creek Cascades. Note the suspension bridge above. I actually walked across these. I thought I had to to get to the Fall Creek Falls....I didn't like it, but I did it! Oh yeah, Dan didn't tell me we could drive there until later!

mmmmmm! Lunch on a rock ledge overlooking Piney Falls. These are very beautiful falls. We hiked there the day before it rained, then it rained all night and we hiked there again after the rain. Lots more water the second time!!!!
Fall Creek Falls. 256 foot falls, longest fall in the south east.....I think.

Piney Falls.

We did not find out the name of this water fall...but its nice don't you think!

WDVX Blue Plate Special in Knoxville. Cool place. Monday through Friday they broadcast live on the radio for 1 hour. You can attend and even get a blue plate special lunch! They have different performers, known and not so known, appear. This is Greg Horne. The plates behind him are blue (are you starting to get it?) and they have pictures of all the performers that have appeared here.

Worlds Fair Park in Knoxville.

No comments:

Post a Comment